Friday 18 March 2016

South bound - moving in new photographic directions with double exposure landscapes



Time to go home.

I am in Perth and ready to return to English springtime.

Australia is hot and I have had enough heat.

I feel as though I have been away for a long time, and it is time to reflect on what the photographic outcomes have been from my time in New Zealand.

The images that sum up this trip for me are the ones I will share here.

Double exposures of the quieter back roads in New Zealand's South Island. Places where I travelled alone and felt the wide open space and the peace and quiet.

Treading on gravel roads, dry grasses and footpaths I got to really know the landscape and to love it.



I experimented with different exposure levels of the wider landscape and what my feet were standing on.

This one a bit heavy on the grass.....









I processed the images in Lightroom to give a uniform monochrome tone.




I don't feel the need to say where the images were taken.

I want them to remind the viewer of journeys that they might have made.











Dusty roads and dirty windscreens.





Hedges and fences.

Man made structures alongside natural ones.





The series can be seen on my website here


And one is currently showing in Budapest at PH21 Gallery in their exhibition 'Lines and Curves"


Ph21 gallery opening of Lines and Curves. photo: Gábor Ancsin / Képszerkesztőség 

Which makes me feel that all those hours of wandering were worthwhile.








It takes a lot of time to make a new body of photographic images.

About three months in this case, and now I am ready to go home.


No comments:

Post a Comment