Saturday 31 December 2016

don't forget the cones..... adventures in Applecross



My best Christmas present was a felt cone.

A reminder from my family to keep looking for cones, and not to get too bogged down in the seriousness that MA book art has become.

A cone to keep on my desk.

Youngest child and I have plans for a book of cones.

cone


I also have plans for a book of street cabinets. Those street furnishings that go unnoticed until you try to camouflage them.

cabinet, Vancouver


MA book art thinks otherwise.

I am going along tolerating this situation, becoming more and more unsure that this is the way forward.

We shall see.

I have ventured into the world of abstract minimal.




and printed onto expensive Japanese, hand made paper.





All of which feels like progress in the sense of producing work that is aesthetically pleasing; to me at least.


I am trying to think in terms of 'book' rather than individual images.

Sequence is one way to go.

Here is a stroll along the road in Opinan, Scotland.














a stroll in Opinan












I am also thinking about what I choose to look at. The tendency is to look out to sea.....

Here is the same view at 180 degrees from the above images.









Not quite as exciting, I think you will agree.

These images are taken at 20 step intervals.

All of this is part of my 'research'

I am not sure it is getting me very far.

I prefer my animal pictures.

cows

bringing the sheep to the ram

crofter

collie

dinner's up

sheep in Applecross

samll holding

sad pig


As you can see, it is a very different world up there in Applecross.

I know a lovely young man who would love a book of farm animals.......









No comments:

Post a Comment