Wednesday 8 August 2012

free money for artists; have you claimed your Payback?





I was delighted to get an article into this summer's LIP magazine about my weekend with Independent Photography South East (IPSE) back in the spring.

LIP magazine is one of the publications that I am able to use for my annual claim for Payback.

If you have had your work published in any books , magazines or on TV you can claim royalties though Payback on an annual basis. The average payment for a visual artist is £285. All you need to do is complete an online form listing the ISBN numbers of all the publications that you are included in. The royalties relate to the public use of your articles/books by libraries and also cover secondary usage such as photocopying.

My first claim last year earned me a few pounds. This year I hope to earn more due to my publications that are now lodged in the British Library and other national libraries from my publishing house Hawkwood Press. (see here for my illustrated poem) entitled Hawkwood, about my suburban sanctuary.

If you are a visual artist then there is a good chance that you can claim something; what are you waiting for?!

No comments:

Post a Comment