Wednesday 8 June 2011

Insomnia ....................... a poem for my classmates




Insomnia




It's over

I can relax

I should be fast asleep






But lying here

at 3am


my mind spins on, relentlessly,


wondering how it will fill


the whole uncharted day that is


tomorrow.










Not wanting to be immersed in the domestic bliss

that is a clean and tidy desk,

a spotless fridge.






Last night a programme on botanical classification


"bringing order to the chaos that is nature"


Those words,
my words,
others' words.


They won't go away.





I want to be a photographer

thinking, creating, curating.


Fractals and chaos


Order and classification






My mind won't stop


I'm clinging on







wanting,





waiting,




fearful of stagnating.










What will tomorrow bring?







No comments:

Post a Comment