Sunday 16 October 2011

Camber sands ; using the Hipstamatic to capture a timeless resort

As a good friend has been known to say "It doesn't get any better than this". Walking on Camber Sands this weekend under clear blue skies at low tide has been a joy.

I have been experimenting with the  Hipstamatic app , and considering which combinations of film and lens work best.

I don't have an answer yet; it seems to depend very much on the subject matter. can i get back to you on this one; I strongly suspect that someone else has already done the work on this and  made a U-tube video too.

Donuts © Caroline Fraser 2011


I have not yet got over my recent need to include overhead cables in my photos; it seems that landscape photographers take great pains to remove them. My other half doesn't even see them. I am therefore determined to raise awareness of them. I was surprised to learn on "Have I got News for You" this week that there is a society called the telegraph appreciation society. They even have a "telegraph pole of the month" competition ..................... hopefully I will resist the temptation to enter this, as it is unlikely to progress my photography, and goodness knows what sort of individuals I would be mixing with.


Starlings and cables © Caroline Fraser 2011


What I like about Camber is its timeless quality; the attractions of the beach and Pontins don't seem to change from year to year, and I can feel a series coming on that shows the village in a picture postcard style that I feel the Hipstamattic effect may well suit.

Flags abound in the shops and on the beach. Even the front gardens sport them.


Camber village © Caroline Fraser 2011



Enough of this nonsense...................a glass of wine beckons, and  I have to start preparing for Open Studios at The School Creative Centre, Rye................I hope to see you there!




No comments:

Post a Comment